Family Care Foundation (FCF) provides humanitarian services in developing nations, makes grants, and provides training for grassroots organizations in the developing world, participating in a wide variety of community based initiatives. We:
- Act as an incubator for effective philanthropic ideas and entrepreneurial leadership.
- Provide both humanitarian services as well as training and technical assistance.
- Were incorporated in 1997 with the mission to enhance the quality of life for all members of the global community, especially those who are poor, suffering, or are otherwise disadvantaged.
- Are set up to make giving internationally easier and more effective, eliminating many of the challenges encountered by those wishing to help deserving causes abroad, by offering:
- Professional grant-making staff knowledgeable of, and experienced in, overseas work.
- Due diligence and accountability. We handle all legal and regulatory issues, ensuring that funds arrive safely and are properly used, as well as monitoring grantee effectiveness.
- Tax deductibility. As a qualified public charity, contributions to FCF are eligible for maximum allowable federal tax deduction.
- Access to tried and proven organizations on all continents. Qualified and effective projects have been pre-screened and are accountable to FCF, and thus to you, the donor.
- Low administrational overhead.
Something to ponder ...
If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this world.
If you have money in the bank, and in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ...you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...you are more blessed than the millions who will not survive this week
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pain of starvation...you are better off than 500 million people in the world.
If you can attend a meeting at a church, synagogue, mosque or temple without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death...you are more blessed than two billion people in the world.
If you can read this . you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.
Have a great day, count your blessings, and pass this along to remind everyone else how blessed we all are!