Project Managers: Frank and Ruth Martin
The Martin family has been actively involved in humanitarian activities for three decades, the majority of this time in the Indian sub-continent, where they have spearheaded a number of programs in various cities and countries. Their present undertakings include:
- Providing permanent housing in Kovalam for those who lost homes due to the Tsunami.
- Assisting two orphanages and a home for aged, including a building project, and also providing food, clothing, educational classes, events and outings.
- Working in the pediatric ward of the main Cancer Hospital of the city, doing workshops with the children: arts and crafts, music therapy, and educational games.
- Providing support and counseling for women recovering from breast cancer.
- Having helped found Voice of the Deaf in Chennai, the Martins remain active in activities focusing on the needs of the deaf community in southern India.