Our Motivational Volunteer Training Program (MVTP) is designed to encourage university students to get involved with and trained in efficient social work here in Lebanon. The program also multiplies Family Care Lebanon’s ability to reach out in the community as the volunteers provide an extra influx of manpower that we can channel to various social activities according to the aptitudes and abilities of the students.
The end goal is to help students become more aware of the need of others and to get involved in their communities and thus be more caring citizens.
The classes designed for the Motivational Volunteer Training have been very well received and appreciated, with many students raving about all the things they are learning. Once they complete the course, they are placed in volunteer work situations under our patronage.
They receive a diploma and then are placed so as to best put their talents and skills to use. They may then gather hands on experience by:
- Delivering goods to apartments of the elderly each month.
- Serving meals to the elderly at free kitchen services
- Pairing with staff that visit prisoners.
- Visiting and organizing activities for children in hospital wards.
- Teaching Language, Mathematics or Art to orphans or street kids.
- Visiting the old and infirm who are institutionalized